1st class FREE
Banhagestraat 75, 3052 Blanden
Physically disabled welcome
All trainings are open to those with physical disabilities. Specific training for those with disabilities will take place with support of the KVG
Leave your email to stay in touch:
Filip Swennen is responsible for G-karate Vlaams-Brabant
What we train
We train in Japanese martial arts at SF DOJO vzw. The approach in training is unique in its focus on Self defense & Fighting. The techniques and training methods are derived from both Full Contact Karate styles as traditional Japanese and Okinawan styles, with elements of judo, shorinji kempo, and kudo/daido juku added. Although competition is a useful tool for testing certain techniques under pressure, it is not our objective to train for competition.
Subjects and My Teachers
- punching, distance control, sweeps, hand traps, and hip usage (Jos Robert, Belgium)
- kicks and angling (Fujioka Isaoa and Koya Urabe, Japan)
- All-round full contact sparring approach (Alberto Bofelli, Italy and Kudo Daido Juku of Sato Kunihisa and Alexei Kononenko, Australia)
- self-defense applications (Patrick McCarthy)
- Combative psychology from British bouncers with a karate background
- Strength and Conditioning (Hokama Tetsuhiro, Okinawa)
- All with the intention of becoming a better human through disciplining oneself physically and mentally while providing a safer environment for those around you.